Professional development isn’t a one-time thing – it should be a continuous part of your project management career.
Make it a priority to assess and improve your skill set, and you’ll increase your value to your organisation and enhance your future career prospects.
PMINZ members benefit from discounted course and conferences registration costs. Read more on the Benefits page.
PMI professional learning and development opportunities
Soft Skills for project managers
We recognise one of the greatest opportunities for developing the discipline of project management is helping project managers develop the array of soft skills to enable them to:
acquire a growth mindset to shatter whatever it is that is holding them back from preforming at their very best.
learn advanced communication skills to build and maintain core relationships, and have those tough, but necessary, conversations in a professional and empathetic way.
develop greater resilience so no matter what comes their way they can drive through obstacles with a keen solution focus.
apply the secrets of high productivity to power through tasks efficiently and effectively, and to do it with energy and vitality.
foster their skills to be less project manager and more project leader, growing a team of engaged and motivated individuals.
PMINZ, Results Coaching and Momentum Consulting Group present coaching programme for project managers.
The modules will start the week starting 9 April 2018, and run throughout the year.
An introduction to the Agile mindset
This one-day workshop on 25 May 2018 will provide you with an introduction to the Agile Mindset, including an in-depth tour of the PMI Agile Practice Guide from the perspective of one of its authors, Horia Slusanschi.
Take a look at this video about the Agile Mindset that features Horia and the others on the international team that developed the Agile Practice Guide.
Registered Educational Providers (R.E.P.s)
PMI Registered Educational Providers (R.E.P.s) are organisations that have been approved to offer training in project management and issue professional development units (PDUs) to meet the continuing education requirements needed by PMI credential holders. To earn the R.E.P. designation, a provider must meet or exceed rigorous standards for quality and effectiveness as defined by PMI.
The pmi.org website is a treasure chest full of information, tools and templates, knowledge resources, research, publications, professional development opportunities, and more. Log in and take some time to explore – and learn!
Here are a few professional development publications to be aware of, that are free when you join PMI.
Project management.com gives you:
- Connections - to others who are managing projects like yours
- A place to get started - processes that you can customize for your needs
- Instant productivity boosts - deliverable templates & examples
- PDU opportunities – from videos to webinars, with tips from experts pointing you in the right direction
- Access to experts - real people who understand what you are going through
- News that matters - stories that relate to what you are trying to accomplish
- Advice you need - tips on the art of managing your effort
- ProjectsAtWork is an online community of practitioners and thought-leaders that provides resources, tools, networks and perspectives to help you better manage projects, programmes, portfolios, and teams
- PM Network is a professional magazine that is published each month for PMI members. PM Network is filled with new ideas and perspectives from the profession's most experienced and engaging minds. Copies are available in hard copy and online, and can be accessed in a digital edition on desktop, tablet, and handheld devices.
No matter where you are or what aspects of project management interest you, PMI global offers a variety of e-newsletters with timely updates and powerful knowledge content to keep you informed and help you succeed.
Find one (or more) that's right for you.
Project Management Journal is a peer-reviewed academic publication focused on management techniques, research, theories and applications.
PMI members enjoy complimentary access to view individual articles and download full issues in PDF format.
PMI Today is delivered digitally to all members each month.
This monthly publication contains the latest developments about certification, research, standards, education and training, as well as news from chapters and other communities. It is designed to encourage your active involvement in the project management community.
Members also have access to digital editions of current and past PMI Today publications.