Professional development isn’t a one-time thing – it should be a continuous part of your project management career.
Make it a priority to assess and improve your skill set, and you’ll increase your value to your organisation and enhance your future career prospects.
PMINZ members benefit from discounted course and conferences registration costs. Read more on the Benefits page.
PMI professional learning and development opportunities
Think on Your Feet®
Thinking on your feet can be challenging! We don’t tend to come up with the best responsesto a hard question on the spot.
This workshop is designed to provide you with simple tools to quickly frame a reply that provides a clear, concise and well-structured response....while thinking on your feet! Whether you are caught on the spot, in a meeting or presenting, Think On Your Feet® works.
Special rates for PMI members
$1,050 + GST – member of the Project Management Institute New Zealand Chapter
$1,250 + GST – member of the Project Management Institute
$1,600 + GST – general public
Register for the workshops in November 2018
Registered Educational Providers (R.E.P.s)
PMI Registered Educational Providers (R.E.P.s) are organisations that have been approved to offer training in project management and issue professional development units (PDUs) to meet the continuing education requirements needed by PMI credential holders. To earn the R.E.P. designation, a provider must meet or exceed rigorous standards for quality and effectiveness as defined by PMI.
The pmi.org website is a treasure chest full of information, tools and templates, knowledge resources, research, publications, professional development opportunities, and more. Log in and take some time to explore – and learn.
Here are a few professional development publications to be aware of, that are free when you join PMI.
Project management.com gives you:
- connections - to others who are managing projects like yours
- a place to get started - processes that you can customize for your needs
- instant productivity boosts - deliverable templates & examples
- PDU opportunities – from videos to webinars, with tips from experts pointing you in the right direction
- access to experts - real people who understand what you are going through
- news that matters - stories that relate to what you are trying to accomplish
- advice you need - tips on the art of managing your effort.
- ProjectsAtWork is an online community of practitioners and thought-leaders that provides resources, tools, networks and perspectives to help you better manage projects, programmes, portfolios, and teams
- PM Network is a professional magazine that is published each month for PMI members. PM Network is filled with new ideas and perspectives from the profession's most experienced and engaging minds. Copies are available in hard copy and online, and can be accessed in a digital edition on desktop, tablet, and handheld devices.
No matter where you are or what aspects of project management interest you, PMI global offers a variety of e-newsletters with timely updates and powerful knowledge content to keep you informed and help you succeed.
Find one (or more) that's right for you.
Project Management Journal is a peer-reviewed academic publication focused on management techniques, research, theories and applications.
PMI members enjoy complimentary access to view individual articles and download full issues in PDF format.
PMI Today is delivered digitally to all members each month.
This monthly publication contains the latest developments about certification, research, standards, education and training, as well as news from chapters and other communities. It is designed to encourage your active involvement in the project management community.
Members also have access to digital editions of current and past PMI Today publications.