Project Manager - Eastland Port
Location - Gisborne, New Zealand
Closing Date - 20 June 2021.
Eastland Port is part of Eastland Group, which specialises in regional infrastructure in the maritime, aviation and energy sectors. They offer excellent conditions of employment, company vehicle, competitive remuneration, and a generous relocation package.
They are looking for a Project Manager to deliver construction projects with exceptional results across time, cost, quality and safety.
As the Project Manager, you will need to come from a construction background with proven experience across a broad range of commercial projects ranging from $10k to $10m in value, construction planning, risk and cost management.
Core skills around project design, consenting, and contract administration are fundamental to the role. Experience in vertical structure project management and commercial projects with a return on investment as a core KPI would be beneficial.
They are looking for applicants with five-plus years of experience and a tertiary qualification in Architecture, Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying, Building Science, Engineering or Property Development.
Your responsibilities include:
- Project management from feasibility to completion of the construction phase, having responsibility for QA/risk, financial reporting, budget management, programming, remedial works and various project reports
- Prepare due diligence reports
- Building strong relationships with clients, suppliers, contractors, and employees
- Diligence to health and safety, and promotion of a safe working environment for everyone
- Working both independently and in a team environment
The successful candidate will have:
- Applicable degree or training
- Exceptional aptitude for managing multiple projects
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Commercial acumen
- Efficient computer skills (basic knowledge in Excel required)
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Apply online here.
Parks Policy Planner
Permanent, Napier City Council
Location - Napier, New Zealand
Closing Date - June 2021.
Napier is a lively and dynamic city, offering an exceptional climate as well as plentiful opportunities for family, recreation and relaxation. Improved road and air links are helping to make Napier one of New Zealand's most popular, liveable and easily accessible cities.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
They currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Parks Policy Planner to join their Parks, Reserves and Sportsground team within Asset Management. This role is key to ensure the long term vision and strategy contributes to the open spaces for the community.
As part of the role you will be responsible for:
- Developing a program and preparing Reserve Management Plans for reserves within Napier.
- Preparing asset management plans for all parks and Reserves, Sportsgrounds including McLean Park, Cemeteries and Public Toilets.
- Input into the "Open Space Strategy" to ensure decisions made for open spaces meet City expectations.
- A key role in the district plan review process
- Update operational policy and input into bylaws
To fulfil this role, you will need to have extraordinary people skills, be enthusiastic and passionate with:
- A Bachelors Degree in Planning or Landscape Architecture;
- At least seven years experience in planning or landscape architecture
- Significant experience in policy preparation
- Experience in the administration of the Reserves Act, Local Government Act and the Resource Management Act
- Experience in community engagement and consultation processes
- Excellent negotiation skills in order to reach agreement on strategic direction
Marketing Project Manager
Permanent Full-Time, Xtend-Life Natural Products (Intl) Ltd
Location - Christchurch, New Zealand
Closing Date - July 2021.
Xtend-Life is a leading edge e-commerce company operating in global markets.
They are seeking a senior Project Manager with Marketing experience to coordinate and manage their global growth strategy.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for the delivery, execution, and project planning of all company projects that contribute towards the growth of the company across global e-commerce platforms. This includes having clear project plans, finding, and contracting with resources both inside and outside the company globally to drive the most timely and cost-effective approaches to execution of company strategy as developed and provided by the Executive Chairman and CEO of the company. You will advise on set-up, resourcing, progress, bottlenecks and be accountable for driving the individuals, contractors, and teams to tasks, projects and outcomes. The role is responsible for coordinating the projects that drive online sales across the various global channels, resulting in revenue growth, profitability, and brand building.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Specification
- Experience in Project Management and Marketing
- Experience of managing multiple projects and tasks across leading Project Management software platforms
- A knowledge of e-commerce would be beneficial but not crucial.
- Proven experience in people management including both internal resources and offshore service contractors and the ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources via effective communication skills
- Ability to prioritize high-value tasks and focus on agreed project deliverables and milestones
- Ability to work within a team and different cultures
Project Director, Nelson Hospital Redevelopment
Permanent, full-time position, Nelson Marlborough Health
Location - Nelson, New Zealand
Closing Date - 13th June 2021.
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
The Project Director Nelson Hospital Redevelopment will lead the project activity for the major redevelopment of the Nelson Hospital campus from concept through to delivery, post-implementation and benefit realisation. This role reports to our GM Finance, Performance and facilities but it will work closely with the Programme Director of the Health Infrastructure Unit at the Ministry of Health.
The role is charged with ensuring that sound programme and project management is in place and that:
- The project is commercially and clinically sound
- Professional services teams and contractors are tightly managed
- Up-to-date project plans are in place, base-lined and tracked
- The project is delivered within the approved time and to budget
- There is quality project and programme reporting to Steering Committees and the Executive Leadership Team
- Dependencies, critical paths, cross linkages, and constraints between projects and resources are managed.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
Your background will attest to your ability to successfully lead and manage highly complex projects, ideally within a clinical or other multifaceted environment. You will have sound knowledge and experience in risk management, project cost control, contract and sub-contractor management and financial management of projects.You be an authentic influencer who thinks strategically, builds, maintains and leverages constructive and effective relationships. You will have strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills including good judgement and decision making skills