PMO Capability Lead Waikato Regional Council - Hamilton
Waikato Regional Council has a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Manager or a person who has experience working in a PMO to join their Business Excellence and PMO team. The PMO has a number of challenges to address, with key areas of focus being:
- Provision of specialist project management advice and support to all levels, including senior management,
- Contributing to the enhancement and ongoing improvement of our Project Management Framework - including benefits realisation and change management,
- Undertaking rigorous project reviews and health checks, and supporting the increase of the project management maturity of our organisation, and
- Hands-on project management of key PMO initiatives as required.
They are looking for an innovative, influential and resilient individual to join our customer and improvement focused team. You will work with their Senior Project Management Advisor to continue the establishment of our PMO as a centre of excellence in portfolio and project management, actively lead the further development of our project management framework and project management tool, pSoda, and support staff across Council to effectively establish and manage projects successfully.
Ideally you will have project management, people management, relationship management, capability development, mentoring and coaching skills. Previous experience in delivering similar initiatives will be an advantage, as will strong communication skills and a sense of humour.
To be considered for this role, you will have tertiary qualifications and proven experience in similar roles. A PMP certification is desirable.
Applications close 3 September 2018.
(loaded 13 August 2018)
Engineering Project Manager Dunedin City Council
Do you want to make a difference to Dunedin - one of the world’s great small cities? Dunedin City Council has an opportunity for a positive and proactive individual, who works well in a team environment, to join the 3 Waters team as an Engineering Project Manager.
You will facilitate capital upgrades and renewals, identify problems, perform root cause analysis on plant breakdowns with a view to replace if required and supply engineering support to our Operations team within the water, wastewater and storm-water systems.
They are looking for an enthusiastic and customer focused individual, who applies ‘best practice’ in project management, and who can work with their well experienced team.
To be successful in this role, you will:
* have a relevant tertiary engineering qualification
* have outstanding written and verbal communication skills
* have knowledge and experience in project management best practice
* have strong computer literacy, including MS Project
* be self-motivated, responsive and innovative
* possess a ‘can do’ attitude.
This is an exciting career opportunity for an enthusiastic Project Manager to join their fast evolving team!
If you have what it takes to succeed in this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Applications close 29 August 2018.
(loaded 13 August 2018)
Senior Project Administrator in Waikato Regional Council - Hamilton
Waikato Regional Council has a great opportunity for an experienced Project Administrator to join theirteam and play an integral part of the successful delivery of Integrated Catchment Management projects and programmes.
This is a challenging role in a dynamic environment and includes:
Extensive scheduling and reporting support for a range of project and governance meetings
- Supporting project managers in the use of Project Management toolset
- Supporting ICM Project Management Office in undertaking planning works for projects and programmes in the Integrated Catchment Management Directorate
- Supporting project and programme managers in use of the Project Management Framework
The type of projects and programmes that the Senior Project Administrator will be involved with will have a high strategic importance to the organisation with varying degrees of complexity, risk and organisational impact.
The successful candidate will require exceptional organisational skills and a working knowledge of project management practice.
You will need 5+ experience in a business environment and be able to demonstrate excellent computer, organisation skills, and the ability to communicate with key internal resources. A robust sense of humor will ensure you’ll be a good team fit.
Applications close 26 August 2018.
(loaded 9 August 2018)