PMO Capability Lead – Waikato Regional Council, Hamilton
Waikato Regional Council has a great opportunity for an experienced senior project manager or a person who has experience working in a PMO to join our Business Excellence and PMO team.
The PMO has a number of challenges to address, with key areas of focus being:
- provision of specialist project management advice and support to all levels, including senior management,
- contributing to the enhancement and ongoing improvement of our project management framework – including benefits realisation and change management,
- undertaking rigorous project reviews and health checks, and supporting the increase of the project management maturity of our organisation, and
- hands-on project management of key PMO initiatives as required.
They are looking for an innovative, influential and resilient individual to join our customer and improvement focused team. You will work with their Senior Project Management Advisor to continue the establishment of our PMO as a centre of excellence in portfolio and project management, actively lead the further development of our project management framework and project management tool, pSoda, and support staff across council to effectively establish and manage projects successfully.
Ideally you will have project management, people management, relationship management, capability development, mentoring and coaching skills. Previous experience in delivering similar initiatives will be an advantage, as will strong communication skills and a sense of humour.
To be considered for this role, you will have tertiary qualifications and proven experience in similar roles. A PMP certification is desirable.
Applications close 28 October 2018.
(loaded 6 October 2018)
Project Manager – MB Century,Twizel
MB Century has an opportunity for a skilled project manager to join their Professional Services team. This position will see you contribute to the management and delivery of hydro and geothermal projects both domestically and internationally.
Responsibilities include: project planning, work scheduling, cost control, contract management, procurement, staff, client and consultant management, on site supervision of contractors and the delivery of works on time with quality outcomes in a cost effective and safe manner.
Skills and experience valued:
- • Qualified tertiary degree in project management or engineering (preferred)
- • PMI PMP/PRINCE2 project management certificate (preferred)
- • Project management experience (within energy sector) 3+ years.
- • Proficient in the use of MS Project and project management software.
- • Well developed interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- • Sound financial and commercial acumen and the ability to track and manage complex projects on a daily basis
- • Extremely meticulous with exemplary organisational skills.
What they can offer you:
MB Century are a well-established, progressive and innovative company in strategic growth mode. Their teams are dynamic and collaborative and there is plenty of scope to gain exposure to not only nation-wide projects but international opportunities. They provide a diverse and inclusive work environment to support your professional development.
Applications close 16 October 2018.
(loaded 25 September 2018)