2017 Board of Directors elections
The Nominating Committee is calling for the nomination of candidates to join the Board of Directors and become Chapter leaders and key influencers in the governance and planning of the future direction of PMINZ.
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to bring their own professional experience to the Chapter whilst furthering their professional development.
Candidates are sought for the following three key roles:
- Chapter Secretary
- Chapter Treasurer
- Northern Branch Chair
Under PMI rules all Chapter Members are eligible to both nominate a candidate for a Branch Chair role and vote in any Branch Chair elections regardless of their geographic location within the Chapter.
If you are considering becoming a candidate, please read the job descriptions for the role(s) that interest you below.
Key changes to the PMINZ Board Elections
- The Election and Nominating Committee Policy has been created to ensure a more streamlined elections process.
- Any current PMINZ Member who has been a chapter member of good standing for the last two years can be nominated for a Board of Directors role.
- Nominees can now use their professional background and career experience as grounds to become an election candidate.
- Wednesday 31 May 2017 – Call for Nominations opens
- 8pm Tuesday 11 July 2017 – Call for Nominations closes
- Wednesday 12 July to Tuesday 18 July 2017 – Nominating Committee assesses and interviews candidates
- Wednesday 19 July 2017 – Official announcement to Chapter Members of the Slate of Election Candidates
- Monday 7 August to Monday 28 August 2017 – The Election – electronic voting by Chapter Members
- Thursday 21 September 2017 – Results announced at the PMINZ Annual General Meeting in Christchurch.
Candidates should ideally have a background in, experience in or sound knowledge of some of the following:
- Project, programme, or portfolio management
- Knoweldge of PMI and/or PMINZ
- Strategic planning
- Senior management
- Board - Governance
- Financial management
- Volunteering - Leadership
The criteria are general and some roles may require specific experience and skills.
Read either the Candidate Questionnaire and Acceptance Form or the Elections and Nominating Committee Policy for some examples of skills and experience related to the seven criteria.
Submitting a Nomination
- Download the Nominations Pack from below.
- Two nominators complete, sign and date the Candidate Nomination Form.
- The Candidate completes the Candidate Questionnaire and Acceptance Form (Note: all questions must be answered).
- Candidate completes the Candidate Profile and Election Statement (each section requires a maximum of 250 words).
- Attach a recent, colour, head and shoulders digital photograph of the candidate (as a jpeg file).
- Attach a copy of the candidate’s current CV (in either MS Word or PDF format).
This zipfile contains the Candidate Nominations Form, Candidate Eligibility and Acceptance Form, Candidate Profile and Election Statement, PMINZ Fiduciary Duties and Responsibilities of Board Members, and the PMINZ Guidelines for the Conduct of Chapter Leaders and Volunteers.
Chapter Members are reminded that in accordance with PMINZ rules:
- Only the Nominating Committee may distribute election materials for PMINZ elected positions.
- No funds or resources of PMI Global or PMINZ may be used to support or negatively impact the election of any candidate.
- No campaign materials of any kind may be used to promote a candidate.
- No other type of organised electioneering, canvassing, communications, fund-raising or other activities by, or on behalf of a candidate, is permitted.
- Any potential breach of these rules can be investigated by the Nominating Committee as an election anomaly.
The Nominating Committee
The Nominating Committee has been appointed by the PMINZ Board in accordance with the PMINZ Constitution. The Terms of Reference under which the Committee operates can be found in the Elections and Nominating Committee Policy, Section 4.0.
The 2017 Nominating Committee members are Lindsay Addie (Convenor), Karen Clarke, Ian Mckenzie, Garry Miller, and Toni Iaseto.